Under the direct supervision of the Clubhouse Director, the On-Call Youth Development Coordinator (Generalist) supports any of our 8 Clubhouse by providing program and departmental support to Clubhouse Staff. The Program Generalist may transition between Clubhouses and assignments on a daily or weekly basis depending on the specific needs of the organization. When working at a Clubhouse, this person will be running or supporting programs that engage youth ages 6-18 years of age and shall assume accountability for the results in achieving the outlined goals and objectives of those programs. This person may also support the Clubhouse Director in various administrative duties including data entry reporting. This is an On-Call position which means that some days you will work and some days you will not work. Part Time position (0 - 25 hours per week).
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
Strategic Planning - 60%
- Plan, organize and conduct educational programs, including tutoring, games and drop in activities
- Safeguard the confidentiality of all participants
- Develop and implement outreach strategies to get new youth to participate in the education program
- Support maintenance of academic progress files for each member
- Promote and stimulate membership in the department insuring that every Club member participates in some Learning Center activities. Understand and communicate the importance of completing high school and developing a career path that strongly encourages college enrollment.
Data Management -10%
- Support clubhouse in taking program attendance daily for programs
- Ensure membership information is entered into data management system.
Resource Management -30 %
- Conduct monthly reading and writing incentive programs and other literacy awareness activities
- Work with volunteer tutors and students to participate in an ongoing education improvement program
- Develop educational programs that are stimulating and age appropriate for all members
- Provide an environment that promotes creativity and exploration through learning
- Plan and organize department programs, subject to the approval of Program Manager
- Supervise the maintenance and operation of the department’s physical property, insuring Club member safety at all times
- Direct and supervise department activities and all part-time staff and/or volunteers assigned
- Transport Club members in Club vehicles or on public transportation as needed
- Exercise authority in problems relating to the department
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Experience working with youth ages 6-18 years old in a youth development setting
- The ability to create strong relationships with youth in a short period of time
- An interest in a variety of youth programs including technology, art, sports, and recreation.
- Strong positive disciplinary skills with youth
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated research and organization skills
- Ability to use PC computer software such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment with continual distractions
- Self Starter
- Strong ability to create and follow systems and procedures
- Current Red Cross First Aid/CPR certification (within 90 days of employment)
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED:
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university or equivalent youth development and office management experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 1 hour
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Type or Copy/Paste Requirements here