In partnership with KIPP San Francisco College Preparatory (KIPP SF College Prep), Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco (BGCSF) provides academic support and enrichment activities during the school day and after school to KIPP SF College Prep students. The School-Based Services Site Director is responsible for overseeing a continuum of services for KIPP SF College Prep high school students related to student support, deepening school connection, and building non-academic life skills. The goal is for every high school student at KIPP San Francisco College Prep to graduate from high school with the academic skills, knowledge, and strength of character necessary for success in college and in the competitive world beyond.
The Site Director supervises a minimum of three Program Coordinators who provide direct programming to the students. Additional part-time Program Coordinators may be added in the future as the student involvement at the high school continues to grow. The Site Director must be a natural leader, capable of setting vision, managing staff, problem solving, teaching teenagers, and inspiring diverse groups of students and adults on an everyday basis. The Site Director directs the overall operations of the BGCSF programs at KIPP SF College Prep, with a primary focus on managing and leading staff, youth development outcomes, data management, and managing the school partnership. This is a full-time, salaried, year-round position with 6-8 weeks of work at a BGCSF summer program. Weekly hours will vary depending on programming and may include some evening and weekend work.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Work with KIPP staff to connect BGCSF resources to existing extracurricular programs and to develop new sustainable program partnerships.
- Bring a spirit of creativity and resourcefulness to program development within BGCSF at KIPP SF College Prep.
- Be an active and engaged member of both BGCSF and KIPP SF College Prep communities.
- Provide the leadership needed to tackle all day-to-day issues related to all the extracurricular programs and the KIPP partnership by being present and engaged in programming.
- Exercise sound decision-making and problem-solving skills in student situations.
- Implement both BGCSF Positive Discipline and KIPP SF College Prep restorative practices consistently.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment including maintenance of facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Execute on grant objectives and program requirements and accurately report out on results.
- At all times maintain a professional appearance and manner reflective of the high standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco and KIPP San Francisco College Prep.
- Regularly observe all BGCSF programming at KIPP SF College Prep to ensure program quality.
- Expand reach of programming to include and engage more members of the student body. Recruit KIPP students to current BGCSF programs and work with students on other potential programming and resources they would like offered at KIPP SF College Prep through BGCSF.
- Deepen school connection by having an understanding of the needs of all stakeholders in the school and work to develop opportunities and programs that allow them to feel connected to the KIPP SF College Prep community.
- Actively support the Student Leadership Program Coordinator in the coordination and execution of KIPP SF College Prep school-wide events, such as school assemblies, end of quarter celebrations, dances and parent association events. [Office1]
- Transport KIPP students in Club vehicles or on public transportation as needed.
Staff Management 25%
- Recruit, retain, and manage a strong team of direct staff capable of providing outstanding services to young people and parents every day.
- Ensure that staff exemplify professionalism, outstanding teamwork, and strong relationships with the youth and community.
- Orient all staff, youth, parents, interns, and community and corporate volunteers in safety protocols, site expectations, and the Boys & Girls Club youth development strategy.
- Manage accurate and timely collection of attendance and participation data by accessing the Traxsolutions database on a daily/weekly basis; analyze the data for any inconstancies or incomplete entries and cross referencing actual numbers to goals.
- Track and meet all deadlines for report submissions.
- Attend all meetings and trainings as required for BGCSF and KIPP SF College Prep.
- Implement and track extracurricular program outcome measurements outlined in the School-Based Services program requirements
- Communicate any programmatic, administrative, or data challenges/highlights to the Area Director.
- Manage program budget.
- Ensure that program schedule and upcoming events are effectively communicated to all involved parties at BGCSF and KIPP.
- Completion of any other duties deemed necessary by the Area Director.
Collaborative Duties: 20%
- Partner with KIPP and BGCSF staff to ensure students receive quality programmatic services on and off school campus to ensure all students receive a well-rounded extracurricular experience.
- Participate in KIPP Professional Development meetings and trainings.
- Meet weekly with the KIPP SF College Prep administration to ensure alignment between the school and extracurricular programming and clear communication between the organizations.
- Collaborate with BGCSF Citywide Services and Clubhouses in order to connect resources that would provide strong and engaging programming to students at KIPP SF College Prep.
- Connect with other Bay Area youth programs to create sustainable partnerships to bring more outside resources and programs into the KIPP SF College community.
- Develop and maintain communication and positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Respond promptly and professionally to all program and information inquiries.
- Ensure and promote program visibility within the community, school campus, and Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco.
- Facilitate the integration of KIPP SF College Prep students into Clubhouses and other departments of the organization/program.
- Ability to Drive, clean driving record
- Proficient in working with Excel/Microsoft Office and attendance data base systems
- Ability to keep detailed records
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and successfully handle competing deadlines and priorities
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university or related work experience
- Teaching or professional facilitation experience highly preferred
- Masters Degree and PPS credential highly desired
- Comfortable operating a motor vehicles while transporting youth
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 1 hour
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Type or Copy/Paste Requirements here