Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco (BGCSF) will be running an on-site after-school program for One Purpose (OP) Charter School for the 2017-18 academic school year. Through this partnership, BGCSF will provide a comprehensive After School Program to approximately 120 students from Kindergarten to third grade that consists of a balance of academic and enrichment activities (i.e. project based learning, art, non-traditional sports, STEM, etc.) in addition to daily snack. One Purpose is a growing school, which will eventually include grades K-12.
The Site Director is responsible for ensuring that the program provides a continuum of services for elementary-school students. S/he is responsible for the day to day oversight and quality of the program, including supervision of a team of 7-9 after school program staff, as well as the achievement of outlined goals and objectives from the partnership between BGCSF and One Purpose.
The Site Director directs the overall operations of the BGCSF programs at One Purpose, with a primary focus on managing and leading staff, youth development outcomes, data management, and managing the school partnership. The goal is to support student success for every student at One Purpose through academic support, skill building, and enrichment. These services include homework assistance, literacy development, mentoring, enrichment activities, recreation, and more. This is full time, salaried, year round position with 5-7 weeks of work at a BGCSF summer program.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
Program Facilitation and Oversight: 30%
- Manage recreational, academic, and enrichment activities for One Purpose Charter School.
- Provide program orientation, encourage involvement, and maintain monthly conversations with families and the school community.
- Work in close collaboration with the OP Principal and teachers to craft programs that support the school site’s goals for student development and academic achievement. Align activities with the regular school day; ensure and promote program visibility.
- Design programs based on needs and interests of students while developing strong social-emotional skills.
- Work with the Area Director and HR to recruit, screen, hire, and terminate staff.
- Supervise the maintenance and operation of the department's physical property, insuring Club member/students’ safety at all times.
- Transport OP students in Club vehicles or on public transportation as needed.
- Bring forth thoughtful new ideas and spirit of creativity.
- Provide direct management and leadership to the team of after school program staff to ensure a positive learning environment and program best practices.
- Ensure that staff are properly trained in program planning, professional norms and standards and are meeting desired expectations and outcomes.
- Manage and communicate day to day schedule and activities with One Purpose and BGCSF community.
- Ensure that Boys & Girls Club staff and volunteers directly serving One Purpose exemplify professionalism and outstanding teamwork.
- Supervise and train all approved volunteers supporting program with an emphasis on safety.
- Provide the leadership needed to tackle all day-to-day issues related to the after school program and the One Purpose/BGCSF partnership. (i.e. shared classroom space, aligning behavioral expectations from school day to after school, etc.)
- Coach and supervise staff; work with BGCSF to provide staff with opportunities for professional development.
- Help design and implement a sustainability plan for the after school program; acquire and leverage in-kind resources and work with development team to find and write grants relatable to program and program sustainability.
- Manage day-to-day operations to ensure compliance.
- Manage accurate and timely collection of attendance and participation data by accessing the Traxsolutions database on a daily/weekly basis; analyze the data for any inconstancies or incomplete entries and cross referencing actual numbers to goals.
- Gather data, conduct observations, and use assessment and feedback for ongoing program evaluation and improvement. Track and meet all deadlines for report submissions.
- Implement and track after-school program outcome measurements.
- Reconcile budgets and track expenditures. Purchase, manage, and track inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Develop and maintain program calendar, in alignment with BGCSF and One Purpose.
- Complete other duties as deemed necessary by the Area Director.
- At all times maintain a professional appearance and manner reflective of the high standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco.
Collaborative Duties: 20%
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all One Purpose stakeholders.
- Provide program and data updates and progress reports to BGCSF, school administrators, funders and other stakeholders upon request.
- Respond promptly and professionally to all program and information inquiries.
- Ensure and promote program visibility within the school campus and within Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco.
- Promote OP and support recruitment of new students for the school across Clubhouses.
- Actively participate in and support school-wide events, such as family night/s, back to school night, and more.
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience managing a team of youth development professionals.
- Proficient in working with Excel/Microsoft Office and attendance data base systems
- Ability to keep detailed records
- Ability to drive and possess a clean driving record
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and successfully handle competing deadlines and priorities
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with youth ages 6-18 years old in a youth development setting
- The ability to create strong relationships with youth in a short period of time
- Strong positive disciplinary skills with youth
- Demonstrated research and organization skills
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment with continual distractions
- Strong ability to create and follow systems and procedures
- Current Red Cross First Aid/CPR certification (within 90 days of employment)
- Ability to pass background check and fingerprint clearance
- Teaching or professional facilitation experience highly preferred
- Master’s Degree and PPS credential highly desired
- Comfortable operating a motor vehicles while transporting youth
- Creative and enthusiastic demeanor, and dedicated to youth development
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 1 hour
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.