Under the direct supervision of the Clubhouse Director, the Temporary Youth Development Coordinator supports the Clubhouse by providing program and departmental support to Clubhouse Staff. This position may transition between assignments depending on the specific needs of the Clubhouses. When working at a Clubhouse, this person will be running or supporting programs that engage youth ages 6-18 years of age and shall assume accountability for the results in achieving the outlined goals and objectives of those programs. This person may also support the Clubhouse Director in various administrative duties including data entry reporting. This position is Temporary (30 hours per week) and located at our Tenderloin Clubhouse. This position goes from now until February 16, 2018.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
Strategic Planning - 60%
- Plan, organize and conduct educational programs, including tutoring, games and drop in activities
- Safeguard the confidentiality of all participants
- Develop and implement outreach strategies to get new youth to participate in the education program
- Support maintenance of academic progress files for each member
- Promote and stimulate membership in the department insuring that every Club member participates in some Learning Center activities. Understand and communicate the importance of completing high school and developing a career path that strongly encourages college enrollment.
Resource Management -20 %
- Conduct monthly reading and writing incentive programs and other literacy awareness activities
- Work with volunteer tutors and students to participate in an ongoing education improvement program
- Develop educational programs that are stimulating and age appropriate for all members
- Provide an environment that promotes creativity and exploration through learning
- Plan and organize department programs, subject to the approval of Program Manager
- Supervise the maintenance and operation of the department’s physical property, insuring Club member safety at all times
- Direct and supervise department activities and all part-time staff and/or volunteers assigned
- Transport Club members in Club vehicles or on public transportation as needed
- Exercise authority in problems relating to the department
Day to Day Duties-20%
- Make daily statistical reports to the Clubhouse Director
- Attend all meetings, conferences and training as required, assist with any fundraising projects conducted by the Club and assist with all Club-wide special events
- Dress in clothing that is conducive to working with youth members in a youth development setting. Must wear a Club staff shirt when instructed
- Requisition supplies and equipment for the department
- Ensure membership information is entered into data management system.
- Any other duties the Program Manager might deem necessary to the best interest of the Club and the overall organization
- At all times maintain a professional appearance and manner reflective of the high standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Experience working with youth ages 6-18 years old in a youth development setting
- The ability to create strong relationships with youth in a short period of time
- An interest in a variety of youth programs including technology, art, sports, and recreation.
- Strong positive disciplinary skills with youth
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated research and organization skills
- Ability to use PC computer software such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment with continual distractions
- Self Starter
- Strong ability to create and follow systems and procedures
- Current Red Cross First Aid/CPR certification (within 90 days of employment)
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED:
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university or equivalent youth development and office management experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 1 hour
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Type or Copy/Paste Requirements here