Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco (BGCSF) will be running an on-site after-school program for One Purpose (OP) Charter School for the 2017-18 academic school year. Through this partnership, BGCSF will provide a comprehensive After School Program to approximately 120 students from Kindergarten to third grade that consists of a balance of academic and enrichment activities (i.e. project based learning, art, non-traditional sports, STEM, etc.) in addition to daily snack. One Purpose is a growing school which will eventually include grades K-12. One Purpose is located in the Bayview neighborhood in San Francisco and serves a diverse population of low-income youth from the community.
Under the direct supervision of the Site Director, the Program Leader will be running or supporting programs that engage youth grades K-3 (4-9 years old) and shall assume accountability for the results in achieving the outlined goals and objectives of those programs. The goal is to support student success for every K-8 student at One Purpose Charter School through academic support, skill building, and enrichment. These services include homework assistance, literacy development, mentoring, enrichment activities, recreation, and socio-emotional development.
This position is Part Time (22 hours per week). Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday is 2:00pm - 6:00pm. Thursdays 12pm - 6pm.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
Safety & Supervision -50%
- Ensure accurate account of all One Purpose After School Program youth.
- Ensure all One Purpose After School Program youth are signed in and out daily and are accounted for.
- Provide a safe and positive environment and culture for youth in the after-school program.
- Ensure youth are effectively supervised at all times.
Program Duties - 50 %
- Work directly with students Monday through Friday for 3-4 hours daily.
- Create a program to promote and incentivize positive member behavior/contributions as well as ways to recognize members for outstanding contributions to Club programs and culture. Provide support and implement physical and enrichment learning activities for members.
- Implement and support all BGCSF and OP policies and procedures both accurately and appropriately.
- Support positive discipline with youth; maintain a safe and enriching learning environment; assist in and/or provide crisis intervention and follow up (including but not limited to mandated reporting policies and procedures).
- Support the Health Policy of the Club through programs such as Cavity Free Zone and cooking classes.
- Attend all meetings, conferences and training as required; assist with any fundraising projects conducted by the Club; promote and publicize after school program and related activities within the One Purpose site and neighborhood.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the One Purpose principal, school site staff, and families.
- At all times maintain a professional appearance and manner reflective of the high standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco.
- One of the following:
- An AA degree or higher or
- Official transcripts reflecting 48 college units and a high school diploma/equivalent or
- Completion of CBEST and a high school diploma/equivalent
- Experience working with elementary-aged students in a youth development setting
- The ability to create strong relationships with youth in a short period of time
- An interest in a variety of youth programs including technology, art, sports, and recreation.
- Strong positive disciplinary skills with youth
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use PC computer software such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment with continual distractions
- Flexible, self-starter, willing to stay current on exemplary practices in the field of tutoring and education
- Strong ability to create and follow systems and procedures
- Current Red Cross First Aid/CPR certification (within 90 days of employment)
- Ability to pass background check and fingerprint clearance
- Familiar with working with youth with social, emotional and behavioral challenges
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED:
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university or equivalent youth development and office management experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Experience working effectively with families and students of diverse backgrounds and in diverse educational settings
- Experience tutoring elementary-aged students (ages 4 - 9 years old)
- Demonstrated research and organization skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 1 hour
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.