The Handyman or Handywoman is also responsible for the physical maintenance of Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco’s 8 Clubhouses and the Administrative Office (very light work done at three school sites and a Rec & Park location). This person provides hands-on facility maintenance including rough and finish carpentry, furniture repair, basic plumbing and electrical work, basis landscaping and painting. The position is full- time (40 hours per week) and travels between San Francisco facilities as needed.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
Maintenance - 90%
- Handle general repairs and emergencies
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Assist in moving furniture and equipment as necessary
- Perform a wide variety of maintenance duties including preventative, corrective, emergency, cosmetic, and routine maintenance
- Assist with dump runs and clean-ups as needed
Administrative Duties - 10%
- Process maintenance request forms and keep a record of jobs completed
- Manage projects against weekly schedule
- Ensure that work is being done on time and within budget
- Maintain inventory list of equipment and tools
- Ensure proper upkeep of all equipment
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED:
- 5 years of facilities maintenance experience; or experience in similar field
- Knowledge of how commercial buildings function, including HVAC, plumbing electrical, life & safety, roofing systems
- Knowledge of tools, materials, and equipment used in the electrical, plumbing, painting, and carpentry trades
- Proficiency with technology, including emailing, Excel spreadsheets, work order systems, etc.
- Experience with indoor and outdoor painting.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Strong communication skills (English: written and verbal).
- Strong problem-solving skills (diagnose the cause and perform the repair or service)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Calm and quick response during emergency situations.
- Clean DMV record - must be able to drive throughout city to each Clubhouse location
- Must own tools
- Reliable, professional, and punctual, with the ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work with or without direct supervision, in a team environment and independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Licenses in any applicable trades preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time period when required.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Must be able to stand for at least 3 hours.
Must be able to work on ladders up to 20 feet.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.