Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco (BGCSF) will be running an on-site after-school program for One Purpose (OP) Charter School for the 2017-18 academic school year. Through this partnership, BGCSF will provide a comprehensive After School Program to approximately 120 students from Kindergarten to third grade that consists of a balance of academic and enrichment activities (i.e. project based learning, art, non-traditional sports, STEM, etc.) in addition to daily snack. One Purpose is a growing school which will eventually include grades K-12. One Purpose is located in the Bayview neighborhood in San Francisco and serves a diverse population of low-income youth from the community.
Under the direct supervision of the Site Director, the Program Leader will be running or supporting programs that engage youth grades K-3 (4-9 years old) and shall assume accountability for the results in achieving the outlined goals and objectives of those programs. The goal is to support student success for every K-8 student at One Purpose Charter School through academic support, skill building, and enrichment. These services include homework assistance, literacy development, mentoring, enrichment activities, recreation, and socio-emotional development.
This position is Part Time (22 hours per week). Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday is 2:00pm - 6:00pm. Thursdays 11:30am - 5:30pm.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
Safety & Supervision -50%
- Ensure accurate account of all One Purpose After School Program youth.
- Ensure all One Purpose After School Program youth are signed in and out daily and are accounted for.
- Provide a safe and positive environment and culture for youth in the after-school program.
- Ensure youth are effectively supervised at all times.
Program Duties - 50 %
- Work directly with students Monday through Friday for 3-4 hours daily.
- Create a program to promote and incentivize positive member behavior/contributions as well as ways to recognize members for outstanding contributions to Club programs and culture. Provide support and implement physical and enrichment learning activities for members.
- Implement and support all BGCSF and OP policies and procedures both accurately and appropriately.
- Support positive discipline with youth; maintain a safe and enriching learning environment; assist in and/or provide crisis intervention and follow up (including but not limited to mandated reporting policies and procedures).
- Support the Health Policy of the Club through programs such as Cavity Free Zone and cooking classes.
- Attend all meetings, conferences and training as required; assist with any fundraising projects conducted by the Club; promote and publicize after school program and related activities within the One Purpose site and neighborhood.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the One Purpose principal, school site staff, and families.
- At all times maintain a professional appearance and manner reflective of the high standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco.