The primary role of the Data Quality Manager is to support the tracking of identified measurements related to BGCSF attendance & service goals and associated data quality assurance. The Data Quality Manager also documents data management best practices, identifies emerging issues and trends related to BGCSF goals, and develops reports for both internal and external audiences. The Data Quality Manager will work under the direction of the Director of Outcome Measurement.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
Reporting and Data Dissemination - 40%
- Produce regular weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual attendance reports
- Ensure data accuracy
- Follow-up as necessary with program staff to understand data anomalies
- Produce ad-hoc reports as needed on membership and attendance data
- Collaborate with funders to produce reports compatible with their database systems
- Performs other duties as assigned
Data Management & Analysis - 30%
- Develop and maintain systems to effectively and efficiently track organization-wide and site specific membership and attendance data
- Quality assurance checks of all membership and attendance data
- Identify data trends and gaps
- Work with Director of Outcome Measurement to develop systems to collect program and impact evaluation data
Training and Coaching - 30%
- Oversee the Administrative Assistants and Administrative Coordinators at each site by meeting with this group regularly and providing training, coaching and support
- Serve as primary contact for trouble-shooting data- & database-related issues
- Provide training, coaching and support to front line staff on effective data tracking systems
- Provide training and support to all staff on use of membership and attendance databases
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to present information effectively
- Detail oriented
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent familiarity with Microsoft Access and other database systems, including designing queries
- Excellent familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with data analysis
- Ability to identify trends and gaps in data
- Ability to work independently & also on a team
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED:
- Experience with SQL & Visual Basic
- Experience working in a youth serving non-profit organization
- Knowledge of youth development theory
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks, particularly for events or moving from one club to another.
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.