Camp Mendocino is a residential summer camp located in Northern California near Willits, CA. Camp Mendocino is owned and operated by Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco, a 126-year old nonprofit organization. Camp has high-quality facilities and grounds and extensive equipment and heavy machinery.
Working under the leadership of the Assistant Camp Director for Operations, the Facilities Manager manages onsite facilities and maintenance year-round, and a crew during the summer months. This person is provided with a 4-bedroom residence as well as other benefits along with salary.
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco (BGCSF) is dedicated to providing children and teens with safe, fun places to learn and grow, with professional staff who offer support and guidance, serving as caring mentors and role models. One aspect of Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco's programs is our Mendocino Summer Sleep-away Camp. Camp Mendocino is a nationally recognized program where counselors work with children 8 -15 of all backgrounds to help them gain the qualities needed to become responsible citizens and leaders. We are a residential summer camp serving kids from the Bay Area and Northern California.
Camp is located 160 miles north of San Francisco and spread over 2,000 acres in the breathtaking Jackson State forest. It takes approximately three and a half hours to reach camp from the city. We offer numerous programs such as mountain biking, archery, arts & crafts, high ropes, climbing wall, swimming, environmental education, gardening, dance, and overnight camping. Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Housing provided is a remote 3-bedroom residence on-site at Camp and located in the beautiful Jackson State Forest, a redwood forest in Mendocino County. Opportunity available to live on-site with family members only.
The Camp Facilities Manager is responsible for property and building maintenance. Grounds must be kept tidy, buildings, equipment and roads must be maintained. Responsible for the overall appearance of Camp Mendocino. This position will also act as host for rental groups, supervise work weekends, maintenance crews and volunteers. This position is active in all aspects of summer camp life June-August. This position should have knowledge of grounds keeping, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, janitorial work, machinery operation, and crew management.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
Physical Camp Operation, Maintenance, Janitorial, and Grounds keeping (70%):
- Handle general repairs and emergencies
- Perform a wide variety of maintenance duties including preventative, corrective, emergency, cosmetic, and routine maintenance
- Maintain high standards for occupational safety and safety of staff and campers throughout Camp
- Operate and repair the septic systems, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration, roofing, generators, and off-grid power systems
- Utilize skills, materials, and tools utilized in electrical, plumbing, painting, and carpentry trades
- Maintain the grounds, lawns, buildings and equipment for safety and cleanliness
- Oversee and/or lead landscaping projects in including firewood, tree felling, etc.
- Oversee the sanitary operation of the kitchen—dishwasher and refrigeration temperatures, general cleanliness, etc
- Assist with trash collection, recycling, and clean-ups
- Supervise and participate in construction and remodel of buildings and recreational structures
- Operate and maintain all Camp vehicles & heavy machinery
Staff/Volunteer Management (20%):
- Supervise and instruct crew members who will complete routine tasks to keep Camp clean and well maintained
- Will develop and maintain strong relationships with Camp volunteers
- Oversee the work of outside contractors and volunteer workers working on regular maintenance and special projects
- Will establish good relationships with Camp staff and summer Camp community
- Will develop and maintain strong relationships with Club staff and Administrative staff to ensure that Camp is meeting all its objectives and requirements and that Camp is well-supported throughout the larger Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco organization
Administrative Duties and Misc. (10%):
- Process maintenance request forms and keep a record of jobs completed
- Manage projects against weekly schedule
- Ensure that work is being done on time and within budget
- Maintain inventory list of equipment and tools
- May be called upon to transport kids, supplies, etc. between Camp and San Francisco
- Will attend required trainings in San Francisco throughout the year
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Camp Director or Camp Director
- As indicated in the Employee Handbook, at all times maintain a professional appearance and manner reflective of the high standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco