The Recruiter is responsible for implementing traditional sourcing strategies as well as developing new, creative recruiting channels to recruit for BGCSF’s eight (8) Clubhouses, four (4) School-Based Sites, Camp Mendocino as well as the Administrative Offices. S/he will play a critical role in ensuring that BGCSF hires the best possible talent and achieves all staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates, advising managers as well as supporting general human resources functions as needed. The Recruiter will be required to travel to all sites, when applicable, to conduct interviews and provide general HR support. This position is full-time (40 hours per week).
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
Recruitment - 60%
- Develop and manage overall recruiting plan and full cycle recruitment.
- Partner with hiring manager to hire the best possible candidates for all BGCSF openings, including understanding the unique site needs and best fit.
- Determine applicant qualifications and compare qualifications to job requirements. Screen resumes, interview candidates (by phone or in person), and administer appropriate assessments and reference/background checking.
- Manage current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS) as well as application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Manage prospective (internal and external) candidates through the recruitment process, including scheduling interviews, ensuring timely communications, managing cultivation, and using data to drive change in efforts.
- Take ownership of the onsite interview process making sure the candidates feel welcomed and excited about the BGCSF opportunity.
- Generate offer letters and facilitate the conversation with candidate.
- Initiate a year-round recruitment campaign that includes building relationships with key partner organizations and the use of recruitment pipelines to increase candidate pool, including emphasizing and hiring diverse talent.
- Manage internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, transfer offer letters, etc.
- Follow up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Research and implement creative recruitment strategies aimed to increase candidate flow.
- Internally and externally post all job openings and maintain all HR websites, including but not limited to BGCSF, LinkedIn and Indeed.
- Provide and maintain recruitment reporting activities including, but not limited to: recruitment dashboard, weekly open positions report, time to fill and ad-hoc management reports.
- Promote and maintain an Employee Referral Program.
Human Resources -20%
- Maintain supply of new hire packets, employee handbooks, and HR forms for staff.
- Maintain personnel files (filing, regularly audit employee records to ensure files are accurate and up to date).
- Set up and maintain system to archive files on a regular basis.
- Data entry into On Boarding system within 24 hours of hire.
- Maintain records in HRIS and ensure accuracy.
- Maintain I-9 Documentation and conduct audits and follow-up for expired documents.
- Maintain work permits and CPR certification for applicable staff.