Working in partnership with the Vice President of Development and President, the Director of Marketing & Communication works with the agency’s senior management team, program services leadership team, Clubhouse Directors, Camp Director and Site Directors to develop and implement communications and marketing strategies for Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco. The Director develops and communicates effective and consistent messaging about BGCSF’s mission, youth development strategy, programs, impact, and history.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
Digital/Performance marketing strategy and execution 30%
- Support individual fundraising through digital marketing, such as email marketing, efficiently running ads on social media and Google, optimizing website, and tracking capabilities.
Marketing, Design, & General Brand Management 25%
- Manage agency’s branding for consistency in all print and multi-media materials; monitor basic standards for brand representation at Clubhouse, Camp and school sites, including in-house marketing material and how our lobbies and exteriors convey our brand.
- Produce print collateral (newsletters, Annual Report, press kit, brochures) and coordinate multi-media materials (CDs, DVDs, videos)
- Execute on current marketing section of agency strategic plan to raise public awareness and maximize brand visibility
- Collaborate closely with the development staff and program staff to support achievement of agency goals through PR and Marketing tactics.
- Through effective management of and collaboration with the Marketing Communication Manager, strengthen organization’s social media presence including FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, Blogs.
- Manage program for BGCSF’s major fundraising events (including program flow, talking points, preparation of youth, AV components).
- Represent the organization at public events, including evening and weekend events on occasion.
- Build personal relationships with key constituents that can strengthen and advance our work with youth.
- Provide a strong and consistent voice for marketing and public relations throughout the organization, holding colleagues at all levels accountable for policies and procedures related to marketing/messaging standards and protocols
- Train staff
Staff Management 15%
- Supervise the Marketing Communication Manager and the Marketing Coordinator.
- Coach, manage, lead, and advocate for the marketing team
Partnership with Board Marketing Committee & Pro Bono Support 15%
- Support and effectively utilize agency’s Board Marketing Committee (made up of BGCSF Board members and other volunteers) on various marketing/branding projects.
- Identify and help recruit new marketing professionals to the committee and potentially the Board.