This position will start in the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco Administrative Office on April 2018 and then travel to Camp Mendocino (living on site) starting in early June 2018. They will work at Camp until August 6th 2018.
Camp Mendocino is a residential summer camp located in Northern California. All Camp Employees are expected to live, sleep and work at Camp from June 11th to August 6th. Camp Mendocino provides meals and lodging for the duration of the employment period.
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco (BGCSF) is dedicated to providing children and teens with safe, fun places to learn and grow, with professional staff to offer support and guidance, serving as caring mentors and role models. One aspect of Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco's programs is Camp Mendocino our residential summer camp. Camp Mendocino is a nationally recognized program where staff members work with youth ages eight to 17 of all backgrounds to help them gain the qualities and skills needed to become responsible citizens and leaders.
Camp is located four hours north of San Francisco and spread over 2,000 acres. We provide transportation between San Francisco and Camp at the start and end of the summer.
We offer a wide range of activities at Camp including: swimming, a three part challenge course, mountain biking, archery, dance and drama, arts and crafts, environmental education, sports, over night camping, and much more!
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. View other exciting career opportunities with Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco by viewing our webpage at www.kidsclub.org/jobs.
The Camp Office HR Intern is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day on-site operation of Camp administration and operates as an assistant to the Camp Director and should act as a "gatekeeper" to the Camp Director. They are responsible for efficient operation of Camp office, employee files, communication, and all administrative tasks. This position will begin in San Francisco to help hire and on-board staff, and will transition to a live-on-site position approximately 4 hours north of SF in Mendocino County.
Work in San Francisco (April - May 2018) :
- Monitor the progress of prospective candidates through the recruitment process, including ensuring timely communications, managing cultivation and selection data in ATS database system
- Conduct Phone Screens, coordinate interviews and sit in on interviews on an as needed basis
- Generate offer letters and facilitate the conversation with candidates
- Establish and maintain records and reports; create and update HR related forms and documents
- Maintain personnel files (filing, regularly audit employee records to ensure files are accurate and up to date)
- Set up and maintain system to archive files on a regular basis
- Ensure each staff has been through the proper hiring process before they arrive at Camp
Work at Camp Mendocino (June – August 2018):
- Live on-site at residential summer Camp
- Coordinate daily with the SF Admin Office to organize camper departure and arrival days
- Coordinate with the Camp Director and SF Admin Office around issues such as staff arrival, training, paperwork, timesheets, payroll, terminations, days off, etc.
- Maintain I-9 Documentation of incoming Staff
- Handle all incoming calls and provide excellent customer service to parents, campers, staff, visitors, and BGCSF personnel
- Manage all office communications including: messages, camper rosters, daily schedule, mail, etc.
- Track daily Camp numbers of all persons on site
- Manage camper files
- Maintain office machines and office supplies
- Track and report all visitors
- Supervise the Office Assistant position and teens participating in job training
- Enforce all rules of the Camp office
- Assist Camp Director and Assistant Camp Directors with administrative tasks as needed
This position will start in the BGCSF San Francisco Administrative Office in April 2018 and then travel to Camp Mendocino (live on site) in early June 2018. They will work at Camp until August 6th 2018.