Experience and Skills:
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Ability to develop and implement organized athletic programs and services, including innovative fitness programs for girls
- Passion/personal interest in health
- Experience facilitating health education groups and planning programs
- Experience working with youth in an athletic program
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Current Red Cross first aid/CPR certification (within 90 days of employment)
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED:
- Bilingual - Spanish/English or Cantonese/English or Mandarin/English
- Have a CA Drivers License and be comfortable transporting youth in Club vehicles in San Francisco
- Coursework or knowledge about health issues, such as nutrition, substance use, behavioral health, sexual health, etc.
- Experience teaching sports, hip hop dance, capoeria, martial arts, yoga, cooking, etc.
- Equipment and property accountability skills
- Record keeping skills
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university or related work experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 1 hour
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.