Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience and progressive management in all facets of employee benefits, including health, compensation, and retirement plans.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices, plan administration, and application of legal and regulatory requirements such as Federal and State employment laws: ERISA, FMLA, FLSA, EEO, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of payroll experience.
- Certifications preferred: CCP (Certified Compensation Professional, CBP (Certified Benefits Professional), PHR (Professional Human Resources Certificate), or SPHR (Senior Professional Human Resources Certificate).
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Strong analysis/quantitative skills and the ability to translate analysis into actionable tasks.
- Excellent communication skills; strong team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Personnel management.
- Compensation & benefits management.
- Employee relation skills.
- Ability to make decisions and to set priorities in task completion.
- Ability to interface effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational leadership qualities.
- Ability to manage HR systems: payroll, 401(k), forms, procedures, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 1 hour
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.