Experience and Skills:
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- ASCA (American Swim Coaches Association) Level 2.
- Must have current certifications in Lifeguard training, First-Aid, and CPR for the professional rescuer;
- Two years aquatic teaching or coaching experience
- Attendance of all full staff meetings;
- Ability to work with minor supervision;
- Knowledge or ability to learn pool routine chemical testing
- Ability to develop aquatic skills, particularly swimming technique
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Community outreach experience;
- Strong administration and organizational skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to
supervise program activities.
- Ability to see and hear individuals and alarms in pool/pool area.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform activities which require sustained concentration and attention.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.