Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco (BGCSF) seeks an experienced marketing and communications professional with a passion for helping youth, execute the marketing objectives in support of the organization’s strategic plan. This position works collaboratively across organizational functions and provides support to leadership staff. This individual will report to the Director of Marketing & Communication and work closely with the Marketing Coordinator
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco inspires and enables all young people, especially those from disadvantaged circumstances, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens.
The Marketing Communications Manager plays a critical role in supporting BGCSF’s comprehensive marketing strategy. This individual will lead the development of written and visual content across all digital and print communications. In addition, the Marketing Communications Manager will be the staff lead for one-time and ongoing marketing projects that are central to the work of the department. This includes content development, design and production of the annual report, ensuring that the website pages are current, and maintaining the functionality of the website. The Marketing Communications Manager will also play a key role in shaping and supporting the onstage production and run of show for fundraising events. This individual must deliver excellence in writing across all platforms and be an avid storyteller, developing compelling and effective messages about BGCSF’s mission and impact on the youth it serves. The ideal candidate is a professional who is team-oriented, organized, has a strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently while being collaborative.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
Content Development and Communications – 40%
- Support the Director of Marketing & Communication in driving a best-in-class external marketing and communications strategy.
- Develop strong, well-written content in line with our brand voice and guidelines that communicates the impact of our work.
- Serve as project manager for the annual report, including content development, design and production.
- Manage external-facing print collateral (brochures, press kit, etc.) to support brand development and program promotion.
- Interview staff and key partners to produce copy that will be integrated into monthly email communications, blog posts and our priority social media platforms.
- Manage editorial calendar and ensure that communications initiatives are aligned with Marketing, Development, and Programming objectives.
- Proof and edit marketing materials for cross functional teams.
Digital Marketing and Campaigns – 35%
- Manage the design and layout for BGCSF’s new website and update regularly with fresh, relevant, and engaging content.
- Develop and manage multimedia content and campaigns to be integrated across all channels (website, blog, email newsletter, social media).
- Work with the Marketing Coordinator to manage and monitor priority social media platforms.
- Implement tracking systems for digital metrics and regularly evaluate analytics.
Event Support – 25%
- Collaborate closely with the Development Department and Program Department to support the execution of marketing tactics related to fundraising events.
- Support the development and management of content for BGCSF’s major fundraising events (including program flow, videos, speaking points, AV components, etc.).
- Collaborate with Development to execute a targeted marketing strategy for promoting all major events, managing logistics around content production and timeline.