Experience and Skills:
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Experience working with youth ages 6-18 years old in a youth development setting
- The ability to create strong relationships with youth in a short period of time
- An interest in a variety of youth programs including technology, art, sports, and recreation.
- Strong positive disciplinary skills with youth
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated research and organization skills
- Ability to use PC computer software such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment with continual distractions
- Self Starter
- Strong ability to create and follow systems and procedures
- Current Red Cross First Aid/CPR certification (within 90 days of employment)
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED:
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university or equivalent youth development and office management experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 1 hour
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.