Working for Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco gives you the chance to be part of a dynamic and passionate movement that is out to change the world - starting right here in our community. Founded in 1891, our organization has 127 years of experience in the field; however, we continue to find new ways to learn, grow, and innovate. We are nationally recognized for the high-quality of our programs and comprehensive approach to serving youth.Whether you’re joining our administrative team, a Clubhouse team, a school-based team, or our Camp Mendocino team, you’ll be surrounded by enthusiastic, talented, and passionate colleagues who wake up every day ready to inspire young people to reach their full potential.
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco (BGCSF) runs an on-site after-school program for San Francisco Community School. Through this partnership, BGCSF provides a comprehensive After School Program. Under the direct supervision of the Site Director, the Program Leader supports the City Scholars ExCEL After School Program by providing program support to Club and school site staff. The Program Leader may transition between assignments on a monthly, weekly, or even daily basis depending on the specific needs of the San Francisco Community School site. This position works 22 hours per week, Monday - Friday from approximately 2:30 - 6:30 on most days, with flexibility to work 1:30 to 5:30 one day per week.
When working as part of the ExCEL After School Program team, this person will be running or supporting programs that engage youth grades K-8 and shall assume accountability for the results in achieving the outlined goals and objectives of those programs. The goal is to support student success for every K-8 student at San Francisco Community School through academic support, skill building, and enrichment. These services include homework assistance, literacy development, mentoring, enrichment activities, recreation, leadership development, service learning, and academic case management.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
Safety & Supervision -50%
- Ensure accurate account of all ExCEL After School Program youth.
- Work with Club staff to ensure that ExCEL/San Francisco Community School youth participate in diverse programming.
- Ensure all ExCEL youth are signed in and out daily and are accounted for.
Program Duties - 50 %
- Work directly with students Monday through Friday (3-6:30 pm) and/or Tuesdays (2-5:30 pm).
- Create a program to promote and incentivize positive member behavior/contributions as well as ways to recognize members for outstanding contributions to Club programs and culture. Provide support and implement physical and enrichment learning activities for student members.
- Implement and support all Club, ExCEL, and San Francisco Communty School policies and procedures both accurately and appropriately.
- Support Restorative Justice/Positive discipline with staff and Behavioral Health; maintain a safe and enriching learning environment: assist in and/or provide crisis intervention and follow up (including but not limited to mandated reporting policies and procedures).
- Support the Health Policy of the Club through programs such as Cavity Free Zone, Why Try, and cooking classes.
- Attend all meetings, conferences and training as required: assist with any fundraising projects conducted by the Club: promote and publicize after school program and related activities within the San Francisco Community School site, neighborhood, and nearby schools.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the San Francisco Community School principal, school site staff, and residents.
- At all times maintain a professional appearance and manner reflective of the high standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco.