Experience and Skills:
- Ability to develop and implement organized athletic programs and services, including innovative fitness programs for girls
- Passion/personal interest in health
- Experience facilitating health education groups and planning programs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong classroom management
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Current Red Cross first aid/CPR certification (within 90 days of employment)
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED:
- Coursework or knowledge about health issues, such as nutrition, substance use, behavioral health, sexual health, etc..
- Equipment and property accountability skills
- Understanding of restorative practices, growth mindset, and multiple learning styles a plus
- Conversational Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Arabic a plus
- Record keeping skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 1 hour
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.