Experience and Skills:
- Strong classroom management/discipline skills
- Experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds
- Experience working with youth in grades K-8th grade
- Ability to develop and implement organized educational programs and services
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Current Red Cross first aid/CPR certification (within 90 days of employment)
- Ability to speak and write in Arabic, Spanish, or a Chinese dialect.
- Bachelors degree in education or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum one year classroom teaching or tutoring experience in traditional or non traditional setting
- Strong knowledge of SFUSD programs, curriculum, and assessments
- Experience in curriculum development
- Experience working with school systems including educational advocacy
- Teaching credential from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of current educational trends in after school programming
- Knowledge of current trends in evaluation and measurement
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Working knowledge of child/adolescent development theories
- Working knowledge of Restorative Justice principles and practices
- Strong computer skills including Windows, Microsoft Office
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 1 hour
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.